Blocked Drain Specialists
Our company has provided professional drain unblocking service for 20 years.
Drains take foul sewage (waste from toilets, bathrooms and kitchens) and surface water (rain water) away from a single property. Lateral drains are the part of a drain outside the property boundary – for example, in a neighbour’s garden or in the highway.
When substances other than waste water are flushed down the drain, this can cause problems that could lead to a blocked drain. For example, fats and oils can solidify and cause smells.
The following items mustn’t be flushed down the drain:
- waste food
- paints and solvents
- fats, oils and greases
- disposable nappies and wipes
- sanitary products
- bandages and dressings
- animal waste
- cotton wool and cotton buds
- razor blades
Also, you’re legally required to tell your local authority building control department of building work or works to repair, reconstruct or change the course of a drain. You should also:
- always allow a working zone around drains for repairs and maintenance
- make sure building work doesn’t damage the drain or sewer by direct contact with pipe work
- not displace surrounding material that supports and protects the pipe work